You don’t have to attend a Red Carpet event for you to look like a celebrity!
Owner of PureTAN Danielle shares her Self Tanning and Spray Tanning tips that will help us look like stars just like PureTAN’s celebrity clients, Carrie Bickmore Tania Zaetta, Tegan Martin, Sherri-Lee Biggs and the Real Housewives of Melbourne’s Chyka, Lydia and Janet.
When talking about the best time to receive a tan, Danielle says that the perfect time to apply self –tan or receive a spray tan is 1-2 days before your event.
“If you receive a tan on the day of your event, it may lead to last minute disasters or an unsuitable shade of bronze with no time to fix the error,“ she said.
Danielle advises that you need to allow time for your tan to fully develop so you can have the perfect golden hue.
“Applying or receiving your tan 1-2 days before ensures that your colour looks rich and fresh and allows time for any touch ups you may need.”
“Adding an extra touch of bronzer to your skin will allow your bronzed skin to glow even more and light up the room, ” she said.
And there you have it ladies, all the pre tanning tips you need that will have you looking like a red carpet celebrity!
Does your decision not to fake tan ever haunt you?
Blaming your tight time schedule as a reason not to tan because it takes too long is a complaint we hear way too often, and luckily for you, PureTAN has the solution.
We have what you need to look like a bronzed goddess in just one hour!
Gone are the days you need to wait three hours sitting in an awkward position, wearing baggy clothes trying not to sweat or get wet waiting for our skin to glow.
Our 1 Hour Rapid Tan makes it possible for you to quickly tan before an event, go on a last minute girls night or even to the gym looking like you’ve just stepped off the plane from the Amalfi Coast without the hassle of waiting around that comes with your ordinary tanning lotions.
Applying the same rules you would with other fake tan lotions, make sure your skin has been shaved and exfoliated.
Skip the moisturising step, as our 1 Hour Rapid Tan is already enriched with moisturiser and apply the tan evenly in circular motions starting on larger surface areas like your arms and legs. Then, concentrate on blending the product onto your knees, elbows, heels and knuckles that are usually the driest part of our bodies.
Wash your hands immediately and wait for the formula to dry for 10-15 minutes before dressing.
After only ONE hour from application, shower and dress!
You can find our 1 Hour Rapid Tan is available online and in stores for $32.95
We’re in the full throws of the Autumn racing season which means it’s time to prepare your outfits, and how you’re going to pair your beauty with each look.
It’s no secret that a tan not only goes with everything, it has the magical ability to make your outfits look that little bit more amazing. Having a tan makes colours pop, and gives you a boost of confidence.
But don’t become a victim of a bad race day tan. You’ll be standing in broad day light so every streak and every blotch will be noticed. As well as the infamous “carrot” look.
Here is a guide to preparing the perfect tan for the Autumn racing season:
- Exfoliate! Remove all dry and dead skin cells by gently scrubbing your skin in the shower or bath, with a loofa and an exfoliating body scrub. This will avoid any blotches as tan tends to stick to dry patches of skin.
- Hydrate: Keep your skin hydrated by regular moisturising and drinking plenty of water. But DO NOT moisturise clean skin before applying the tan. Moisturise regularly after you’ve washed your developed tan off.
- Tan ahead of time: We recommend applying your tan a couple of days before the races so that you have time for the colour to settle, any smell to disappear, and enough time to apply another coat if you haven’t achieved your preferred darkness yet.
- Don’t do these: apply deodorant or perfume before you’ve washed the tan off (you could end up with green arm pits), exercise while the tan is developing (your tan make get sweat marks) OR wear tight clothes until after you’ve had a shower (you could end up with terrible marks).
- Find the right colour for you: Now this is absolute key to not turning orange or looking streaky. If you’re fair skinned either use our light/medium tanning foam or our gradual tanning moisturiser. These will give you a nice subtle and natural glow and you won’t look like someone off Geordie Shore. This will also allow the opportunity to apply another coat if you would like to go a little darker.
For darker skin tones, use the dark tanning lotion or rapid 1 hour tan. The rapid tan can develop in 1 hour, or can be left for 3 hours if you’re after a deeper colour.
- Use an application mitt: These will change your tanning life forever. Promise! They allow for super easy application, and ensure no streaks. Rub the tan on in a circular motion and I guarantee you’ll be tanned to perfection.
- Adjust your makeup: To keep your tan looking natural, you MUST change your makeup to suit your new skin tone. Find a lovely foundation that blends and make sure you apply it all the way under the chin, to the start of your neck.
- Finish with a touch of shimmer: On the day of the races, add a touch of body bronzer to your legs and décolletage to make sure you’re radiating glamour.
We hope these easy steps to a perfect race day tan help you prepare for a fun day out.
Come and visit us at the MYER Fashion on the Field at the Championships Stakes Day, Royal Randwick Racecourse this weekend and next. We’re proud to be a sponsor of such a fantastic event each season.