We’ve put together our top 5 tips for winter tanning, to make you feel better.
Yes it’s winter. Yes it’s freezing. Yes we’re all rugged up. But none of these are excuses for not looking and feeling your best.
Adding a touch of bronze throughout winter, makes the drabbest of days feel a whole lot better.
While we watch friends and family travelling throughout Europe on instagram and see their tans get darker, don’t miss out on getting your own glow on at home.
Here are 5 quick tips to help you stay bronzed and beautiful throughout winter:
- Exfoliate regularly using an exfoliating mitt and a beautiful body scrub. We tend to get a build up of dry skin throughout winter, especially in areas such as elbows and knees.
- Moisturise your skin with a rich body creme after every shower. Don’t neglect your skin just because you think people won’t see it. Skin hydration is key to anti-aging and also makes a faux glow last longer.
- Choose a shade of fake tan that is a shade lighter than what you would use during summer. This helps make the tan look more natural.
- Use a lightweight face tan a couple of times a week to keep your face looking fresh and vibrant. This also makes your tan look more natural, by having your face match your body.
- Using a gradual tanning moisturiser is an all-round fantastic beauty product for winter. It includes a rich moisturiser and a subtle tan. It can be applied each day in place of your regular moisturiser and helps to build a subtle glow rather than an intense fake tan. It also won’t leave any streaks so you can get dressed immediately after. No waiting for a tan to develop in the freezing cold required!